Fulton Difference Experiential Learning Grant
Purpose & Description
Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering Student Engagement offers competitive funding to current undergraduate Fulton students to support with experiential learning opportunities that enhance their engineering education and bring recognition to the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering. Experiential learning encompasses high-impact practices that take ideas and concepts beyond the classroom. Students engage in direct experience that increases knowledge, develops skills, adds educational value, and enhances individual capacities.
Who is Eligible?
All currently enrolled Fulton Schools of Engineering undergraduate students in good academic standing are eligible to apply for the Fulton Difference Experiential Learning Grant. Eligible experiences include:
- Study Abroad travel (airfare)
- Travel to participate in conference
- Travel to present at conference
- Travel to participate in a funding competition (venture related)
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Student’s own ideas that meet grant requirements
What’s needed to Apply?
Please prepare the following items for submission with your application
Online Submission Application
Research Abstract (if applicable, 100 words maximum)
Personal Statement (400 words minimum)
- What is your motivation for participating in this experience?
- What are your intended goals for this experience?
- How will this experience enhance your academic experience?
- How does this opportunity connect with your cultural or personal background
- How will this experience broaden your or other’s perspectives?
We encourage you to take advantage of the different resources on campus, including the Writing Center, to present a well-written personal statement.
- What is mileage? We highly encourage you to seek additional funding from other sources. You will be asked to provide information regarding additional funding sources, contacts and amounts as part of the review and post-travel process. Please use the provided budget worksheet to accurately determine your requested amount of funding. You may use this tool to budget your expenses for this experience.
1. Log in to your MyASU page
2. Under the “Classes” tab in upper left corner, click on “Transcripts & Test Scores”
3. Select “Unofficial Transcript”
4. A PDF version of your Unofficial Transcript will download to your device
We encourage you to reach out to a faculty member within your school to provide feedback on your personal statement before application submission.
Other funding sources & support opportunities
- KEEN student funding opportunties
- GORE Project Awards
- Undergraduate Student Government (USG) Funds
- Graduate Professional Student Association (GPSA)
- Barrett Honors: Thesis & Project Funding
Expectations if funded by the Fulton Difference Experiential Learning Grant
Each funded applicant will be required to submit a final report that summarizes the outcomes of their event/project/travel and includes a focused reflection on how the experience will enhance their engineering education and professional preparedness.