Fulton Graduate Entrepreneurship Program
Employers and senior executives are expecting our engineering graduates to have an entrepreneurial mindset. Yet, an entrepreneurial mindset cannot be gained by reading a textbook. The Fulton Graduate Entrepreneurship Program is an action-oriented experience that will develop your entrepreneurial mindset and train you to successfully manage organizational innovation initiatives.
The ability to ‘think like an entrepreneur’ and ‘act like an innovator’ are critical skills for professional success across most industries. The program will supply you with proven tools and methods to help distinguish you in the marketplace and to accelerate your career. Don’t miss out—apply today.
The Fulton Graduate Entrepreneurship Program is an action-oriented experience that will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship + Innovation
- Crowdsourcing Pain Points and Passions
- Lean Startup + Disciplined Entrepreneurship Methods
- Solutions and Teams; Value Propositions + Market Assumptions
- Experimentation and Prototype Development
- Beachhead Markets + Customer Discovery
- Customer Data Analysis + Pivots
- Evidence-Based Pitching for Funding + Support
Those who complete the Fulton Graduate Entrepreneurship Program will learn how to identify pressing problems and passions, develop impactful team-formed solutions, interact with customers and end-users, and pitch their innovations to supporters and investors.
Participants will also learn how to immediately apply lean startup and disciplined entrepreneurship methodologies toward the advancement of their own venture or within their role as an industry professional.
Moreover, by completing this program, participants will:
- Learn why focus is crucial to an innovator’s success.
- Understand the common obstacles that entrepreneurs and innovation managers face–and learn how to overcome them.
- Learn about gaining customer insights to develop products that people actually want and mitigating the risk of building something no one wants.
- Learn how to practice customer development to validate or invalidate product or service development assumptions.
- Learn how to develop and deploy continuous “build, measure, learn” feedback loops.
- Learn and practice the principles of evidence-based pitching.
Earning a Certificate of Completion
To earn a Fulton Graduate Entrepreneurship Program certificate of completion, participants must be available to attend weekly workshop meetings (approximately 2 hours each week) over the course of the program session.
The next Fulton Graduate Entrepreneurship Program offering will be:
When: Fall 2017 – Spring 2018; Mondays; 12 noon – 2 pm; September 25, 2017 – March 12, 2018.
- 3/12/2018 – Demo Day
Where: ASU Tempe campus; ECG 101 – Generator Labs – Impact Lab
Who Should Enroll
The Fulton Graduate Entrepreneurship Program is available to all current Fulton graduate students who are currently enrolled in a degree-seeking program of study.
In order to be eligible for the Fulton Graduate Entrepreneurship Program, applicants must be post-baccalaureate degree-seeking graduate students in good academic standing. A strong work ethic and the ability to leave your comfort zone are also required for successful completion of the program.
- Are you a current ASU graduate student enrolled in a degree-seeking program of study? Y/N
- If yes, please provide your 10-digit ASU Affiliate ID #:
- If yes, please provide a statement justifying your interest and commitment to the program:
- If no, unfortunately, you are not eligible for this program. Please contact us for alternate opportunities.
Application Deadline: Sunday, October 1st, 2017 at 11:59 pm MST.
After your application is submitted, a Fulton Graduate Entrepreneurship Program representative will contact you to discuss registration finalization and details.