“Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure that you do things differently from everyone else.” – Sara Blakely

Brian Roman, a sophomore Civil Engineering and Barrett Honors student, takes this quote by Blakely daily. Roman collaborates with engineering and business students in FSE 301/ENT 360 – Entrepreneurship and Value Creation to create SafeLease, a web-based service determined to provide a simple, safe, and reliable solution to subletting the property.

Maggie, an Arizona State University graduate is locked into a lease at the District on Apache. She wants to get away from the college atmosphere and move into an apartment in Scottsdale, but that does not make financial sense since she is still paying rent in Tempe. She wishes to get rid of her space, but she does not trust the security of Craigslist and has been unable to find reliable platforms to advertise her space. Through ideation and collaboration, Brian and his team were able to come up with a solution that allows people to find safe and secure living spaces.

“Having the opportunity to develop an entrepreneurial mindset and start my own venture has been one of the best experiences in my college career. Enrolling in FSE 301/ENT 360 – Entrepreneurship and Value Creation has given me the opportunity to collaborate with students from different backgrounds and work with a team to solve a real-world problem. I am using my experience in my involvement with other engineering organizations on campus to change the world through entrepreneurship and innovation. Building a business will help me in the future, and it is a great way to develop skills outside of math and science. ” – Brian Roman

Click the link to watch SafeLease’s pitch: https://youtu.be/fKSLIvLCQ7c

Connect with Brian on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/brianromanasu

Website mockup for SafeLease